Wallpapers personalize your iPhone, reflecting your style and personality. However, if you’re ready for a change or just need to declutter, deleting wallpapers is a simple process. In this guide, we’ll explore various methods to delete wallpapers on your iPhone, ensuring your device stays sleek and organized.
Method 1: Deleting Wallpaper from the Photos App
1.1. Locate the Wallpaper
First, open the Photos app on your iPhone.
1.2. Delete the Wallpaper
- Browse through your photos until you find the wallpaper you want to delete.
- Tap on the photo to open it.
- In the bottom-right corner, tap the trash can icon.
- Confirm the deletion by tapping “Delete Photo.”
Method 2: Removing Wallpaper from Settings
2.1. Open the Settings App
Go to your iPhone’s home screen and open the Settings app.
2.2. Navigate to Wallpaper
Scroll down and tap on “Wallpaper.”
2.3. Choose Your Wallpaper
Under the “Choose a New Wallpaper” section, tap “Choose a New Wallpaper.”
2.4. Remove the Wallpaper
- Find the wallpaper you want to delete in your albums.
- Tap on it to preview.
- Swipe up and select “Remove Wallpaper.”
Method 3: Using the Photos Widget
3.1. Add the Photos Widget
Long-press on your home screen to enter “Jiggle mode.” Tap the “+” button in the top-left corner. Search for and add the “Photos” widget. Place it on your home screen.
3.2. Remove Wallpaper via the Widget
- Swipe through the widget until you find the wallpaper.
- Press and hold the wallpaper.
- Choose “Remove” from the options.
Method 4: Deleting Live Wallpaper
4.1. Access the Live Wallpaper
Navigate to your home screen and find the Live Wallpaper you want to delete.
4.2. Delete Live Wallpaper
- Long-press on the Live Wallpaper.
- Tap “Remove” from the menu that appears.
5.1. Wallpaper Stuck on Lock Screen
If you encounter issues with wallpaper not changing on your lock screen, try restarting your iPhone or checking for iOS updates. Occasionally, glitches can affect wallpaper changes.
Personalizing your iPhone is a fun and creative process, and managing your wallpapers is an important aspect of it. Whether you’re an iOS 14 user or enjoying the latest iOS 16 features, deleting wallpapers is a straightforward task. By following the methods outlined in this guide, you can keep your device fresh and organized, ready for your next wallpaper adventure.
1. Can I delete multiple wallpapers at once?
Unfortunately, iOS does not provide a built-in option to delete multiple wallpapers simultaneously. You’ll need to delete them one by one following the methods mentioned.
2. Will deleting wallpapers free up storage space on my iPhone?
Deleting wallpapers will free up a negligible amount of storage space, as wallpapers are generally small files. To free up significant storage, consider deleting unused apps or media.
3. Can I recover deleted wallpapers?
Once you delete a wallpaper, it’s usually permanently removed from your device. Make sure to back up any wallpapers you want to keep in the future.
4. Are there any third-party apps for managing wallpapers?
Yes, there are several third-party wallpaper management apps available on the App Store that offer additional features and customization options.
5. Do the methods differ between iPhone models?
The methods for deleting wallpapers remain consistent across most iPhone models, regardless of the iOS version you’re using. However, slight variations may exist in some cases.
Read Also: How To Turn Off SOS On iPhone 13 In 2023